DIY Tutorial: Tissue Paper Flowers

Saturday, December 12, 2015







What you’ll need:
1.      Wire
2.       Tissue Paper
       Tip: Use kitchen tower rolls. They are more durable than the regular tissue paper.  
3.       Watercolor
4.       Paint Brush
5.       Scissor

Instructions:
1.       Pile 3-4 sheets of tissue paper or depending on how big you want your flower to be. Lay them as neatly as possible.
2.       Fold over the sheets at the same time, then fold back the other way. Repeat this process until you have folded all the sheets. I think I got 4-5 cm for the size of the fold here.
3.       Wrap the wire through the center of the tissue paper and twist it to secure.
4.       Cut the ends of the tissue paper into a shape you would like your petals to be. In my case, I preferred the usual arch.
5.       Now separate each layer by pulling up one side of the tissue while fluffing it up. Be gentle and careful when doing this so as not to rip the tissue paper.
6.       Once you finished one side, do the other side.
7.       We can now move on with the fun part: COLOR!!!
8.       Liven up your tissue paper flower with any color you like. You can mix colors just like what I did. I think I used pink, red, yellow, and orange here. J
9.       Once you’re done, set aside your flower and let it dry.
10.   Voila! J
 
 
Some preferred to dye the tissue paper first before creating a flower but I chose to do the other way around. I think it is better since you have more control with how it will look like in the end and besides, it’s more fun and creative! J
 
Have you tried this before? Please tell me your experience! J

You Might Also Like

0 comments