REVIEW: Hotel H2O + Zenyu Eco Spa + Makan Makan Asian Food Village

Sunday, November 15, 2015


Mom and I stayed overnight in Hotel H2O with an access to 10 attractions at Manila Ocean Park plus discounts in Makan-Makan and Zenyu Eco Spa. Whew, such a nice treat!

Hotel H2O claimed to be the first and only marine-themed urban resort hotel in the Philippines. Strategically located inside the Manila Ocean Park, guests can relax and at the same time enjoy to all things water!

Ever since I landed a job, I always make sure that I’ll be able to treat my mom once or twice a month. But these past few months, my budget has been going to my three little pigs that I couldn’t properly manage my expenses. I’ve always wanted to bring her to Manila Ocean Park, have a staycation in a hotel or relax in a spa. Good thing these three came in a one super Metrodeal voucher!

Last September, I purchased a voucher from Metrodeal. Reservations should be made in Indochina Strings website since they’re the travel agency that offered the deal. I wanted to go before November, but all Saturdays of October were all fully booked so I went to the first week of November.

TIP: If you’re planning to have a staycation using a Metrodeal voucher, better book it a month or two before your planned date if you prefer to stay on weekends.

On the third day after I made my reservation, I got the email with the confirmation to be printed together with the Metrodeal voucher. They say that it really took days before getting a confirmation email. I’ve read negative reviews about this travel agency so upon getting the email, I called Hotel H2O to confirm my booking. Thank heavens, it was successfully booked!

Since I get this via a discount site, I’m having doubts of the service I might get. I’ve read reviews about being the least priority of hotels and/or restaurants because of the lower amount you paid. So a week before our staycation, I’ve had reservations with Makan-Makan and Zenyu Eco Spa just to make sure.

We arrived in the hotel at 12:30 pm. The front desk officer processed everything and gave me the discount coupons together with the Manila Ocean Park tickets. She told me to come back at 2:00 pm for check-in. We left our bags for storage since they’re quite heavy, then proceeded to redeem our Manila Ocean Park stubs on the ground floor. Will update this for our Manila Ocean Park tour.

Reminder: Note that they require Php 2000 incidental fee.

Our check-in went smoothly. The front desk officer handed me our room key card while the concierge personnel helped us on our bags. All my transactions with Hotel H2O were such a breeze and the employees were so welcoming and accommodating!

(Left:) A giant Christmas tree will welcome you in the lounge (Right:) The corridor going to our room

Our room was beautiful and calming. It was their signature Aqua Room with queen size bed. I wasn’t able to use my Bath Origins spray in lavender since the room smelled exactly like it. Our stay also includes the use of hotel facilities such as the outdoor Jet Pool and Fitness Center though we weren't able to take advantage of them. 


Top and bottom photo: Complimentary toiletries, snacks and drinks from the hotel. They also have a small refrigerator which has one bottled water and soda, a hair dryer and a digital weighing scale (not in the photo).

After a tiring day, we went to Hotel H2O’s Zenyu Eco Spa. We availed their Hot Bed Treatment which was regularly priced at Php450 per person. This treatment uses negative-ion hotbed technology that can improve blood circulation, water retention, metabolism, as well as detoxify the body and reduce stress. (more info here)


I expected to have the capillary test first, but the spa personnel advised us directly to change into Yukata (cotton robe) which was too big for me.

She then directed us to the spa room and gave us each a cup of water to stay hydrated. I didn’t expect the room to be that hot, I thought of boiling an egg there like most of the Koreans did in the koreanovelas I’ve watched. I was able to settle myself after a couple of minutes, but mom couldn’t stay calm due to the unfamiliar heat.



The treatment should last 30 minutes, but we went out 25 minutes after. Several hours after we headed to our room, mom said her backache was gone. She’s praising the treatment but said she wouldn’t go back there anymore. Haha! As for me, I really enjoyed it, too bad we weren’t able to finish the half-hour treatment. I didn’t even perspire that much. If given a chance, I’ll go there again. J

I’m planning to use the 10% F&B discount for dinner, but mom was so full (thanks to North Park)! J The buffet breakfast at Makan-Makan starts from 6 am until 10 am. For in-house guests, the buffet was priced at Php 610 and Php 800 for walk-ins. There were a lot of food choices and mom really enjoyed that one since it’s a buffet; she particularly liked the Beef Broccoli.

After our meal, I can’t help but to go outside to enjoy the morning breeze of Manila Bay. It was such a breath of fresh air; away from the pollution and noise of the Metro.


We headed back to our room and stayed there until check-out. It’s nice to just lie around in the soft and comfy bed, watching your favorite tv show. Mom was squealing in the bathroom, I guess she really liked the feel of water dipping to her skin. The only downside of that area is you can actually see the person doing her thing. I hope they would at least put a frosted sliding glass door. This will encourage privacy while still maintaining the aesthetic design of the room.

My fears and doubts before entering the hotel have turned into glee and satisfaction. Can’t wait to go back again! 

Have you been to Hotel H2O? Please share your thoughts and experiences. If not, visit Metrodeal now and look for Hotel H2O’s exciting offers! J

Hotel H2O
Phone: (02) 238 6100

In case you do not want their signature Aqua room but still want a discount, you can visit their site for promos or try Agoda, Expedia, or Booking.com. There are a lot of sites where you can choose from. Just hit on Google and voila! Remember that one doesn’t have to spend that much to enjoy and relax… J

Zenyu Eco Spa
Phone: (02) 238 6190 / 100

Makan Makan Asian Food Village
Phone: (02) 567 3512













You Might Also Like

0 comments